For more vegan-friendly stores in Bangalore reviewed in this blog, you can click this link.
The “All Veg. Always” Namdhari’s Fresh is a chain of very successful all-vegetarian stores in Bangalore set up under the aegis of Shri Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji, the spiritual Guru of the Namdharis, a sect of Sikhism. Translated, “Namdhari” means “one who beholds God's name”. Vegetarianism, righteousness in character, and a quest to free society from social evils are some among the prominent teachings of the Namdhari Gurus. You can read in detail about their vegetarian position by clicking this link on the Namdhari Sikh Foundation website.
Namdhari’s Fresh stores are the public face of its parent company, Namdhari Seeds Pvt. Ltd.
Products available at Namdhari’s Fresh
You can find many organic and vegan products at Namdhari’s Fresh. These are the following.
• Organically grown: Grains, pulses, jaggery, pickles, spices, snacks, dry fruits, sweets, and other edibles from organic food producers such as 24 Letter Mantra, Navadarshanam, ProNature, The Organic Lifestyle, and some from Namdhari Seeds themselves.
• Fruits and vegetables: Desi and western fruits and vegetables from the Namdhari farms at Bidadi near Bangalore. Besides the commonly found Indian fruits and vegetables, the exclusive greens include the following: baby cucumber, lettuce, asparagus, kiwi, baby corn, parsley, zucchini, broccoli, cherry tomato, red cabbage, leek, colored capsicum, parsley, sage, oregano, rosemary, thyme, lemon grass, basil, dill, physalis, passion fruit, brussels sprout, and so on. All of these are grown in the farmlands of our own country and therefore they return more value for your money when you compare them with the imported ones. Please note that while some of these fruits and vegetables are organically grown, all are not. You may want to consult the support staff for more information.
• Processed vegan edibles: Vegan chocolates from Choco Bon Bon, Bournville, and Cacao; delicious plant-based frozen foods from Fry’s Vegetarian; vegan breakfast cereals from Good Earth, Pristine Organics, and Bagrry’s; vegan muffins, cakes, and breads from Bagels and Bakes, fruit bars from Naturo; vegan biscuits from Parle (Hide & Seek and Bourbon); soy milk from Staeta; coconut milk from Dabur; Crumpy Belgian Hazelnut Cocoa Spread; green teas; and so on.
Namdhari’s Fresh outlets in Bangalore
1. Banashankari – Address: Banagiri Nagar, Kathriguppe Main Road, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Bangalore – 560070; Landmark: Near Devegowda Petrol Pump; Telephone: 080-26794033
2. Brigade Metropolis – Address: The Arcade, No. 113/G01 & G02, Mahadevapura Village, Krishnarajapura (Hobli), Bangalore South Taluk, Banglaore – 110036; Telephone: 080-22650444
3. Brigade Millenium – Address: Brigade Millenium Campus, JP Nagar 7th Phase, Bangalore – 560078; Telephone: 080-41650428
4. BTM Layout – Address: 774, 7th Cross, 16th Main Road, BTM 2nd Stage, Bangalore – 560070; Landmark: Opposite Swadisth Hotel; Telephone: 080-41572605
5. Frazer Town – Address: 133, MM Road, Frazer Town, Bangalore – 560005; Landmark: Near Richie Rich Restaurant; Telephone: 080-41487135
6. Indiranagar (1) – Address: 134, 60ft Domlur Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore – 100038; Landmark: Near Nandini Hotel: Telephone: 080-41152909
7. Indiranagar (2) – Address: 789, 12th A Main, HAL 2nd Stage, Bangalore – 560038; Landmark: Near Sony Service Centre; Telephone: 080-43442105
8. Jayanagar – Address: 529, 36th Cross, 10th Main, Jayanagar 5th Block, Bangalore – 560011; Landmark: Opposite Shanthi Nursing Home; Telephone: 080-41502443
9. Koramangala – Address: 611, 8th Block, 80ft Road, Koramangala, Bangalore; Telephone: 080-41103778
10. Langford Town Road – Address: 14/1, Langford Road, Bangalore – 560025; Landmark: Beside State Bank of Mysore; Telephone: 080-40953424
11. Mantri Elegance – Address: Basement Mantri Elegance Apartments, Next to Shopper’s Stop, Banneraghatta Road, Bangalore; Telephone: 080-41105139
12. RR Nagar – Address: No. 110, 12th Cross, Ideal Homes Township, Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Bangalore – 560098; Telephone: 080-28608125
13. RT Nagar – Address: 573, 2nd Main, 2nd Block, RT Nagar, Bangalore – 560032; Landmark: Near FM Silks; Telephone: 080-41524782
14. Sadashiv Nagar – Address: 13/1, Shree Complex, 2nd Main, Vyalikaval, Bangalore – 560003; Landmark: Near Canara Bank; Telephone: 080-41236134/35
15. Sahakar Nagar – Address: 849/7, A-Block, Sahakara Nagar, Bangalore – 560092; Landmark: Near Canara Bank; Telephone: 080-41735363
16. Sarjapur – Address: 17/2, Sarjapur Ring Road, Bangalore – 560034; Landmark: Near ICICI Bank; Telephone: 080-41688568
17. Whitefield (Kundanahalli) – Address: 1, Arvind Avenue, Whitefield Main Road, Bangalore – 560050; Landmark: Near Silver Line Bakery; Telephone: 080-41641285
18. Whitefield (Main Road) – Address: Anmol Carlson Court, New No. 613 (Old No. 1), Whitefield Main Road, Whitefield, Bangalore – 560065; Telephone: 080-41260519
“Vegetarianism now has a future ahead. On [a] vegetarian diet, five to six times the number of people living on [the] Earth can be fed. A time might come when all human beings will have to depend, by compulsion, upon vegetarianism to subsist… God has created the man as pioneer of all living beings. It is immoral, unethical and sinful on his part to kill and eat them. It pollutes the body, mind and soul.” ~Sri Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji at the 33rd World Vegetarian Congress~